Our Fynbos Market Vendors
The Fynbos Market is a place to easily market your goods and services in a community/market online environment. Aimed mainly towards home industry and arts and crafts, typically what you would see in a community market. However commercial products are welcome as long as it does not swamp the site and change is appeal. Initial product upload limits will be imposed and lifted as our relationship and trust grows per vendor. Vendors are welcome to join us from throughout South Africa, however the websites origin is typically the beautiful Fynbos area of the Western Cape and its rich arts and craft market.
Who can sell online with Fynbos Market:
If you have a product or products you think will sell online and there is a market/demand for it then its worth giving it a try. You need to be realistic and remember if its not a local purchase it will need to be 'shipped' and its possible the shipping can make up a significant part of the overall cost.
How to go about doing it:
There are a number steps required before going online.
- Register with Fynbos Market to see if you are approved, this should just be a formality.
- You will need a bank account for our admin to pay you, as all funds are collected by the sites administration first.
- A computer/tablet connected to the internet to upload and manage your market.
- Fynbos market will provide you with your own admin area for you to manage your own market.
- You will need sufficient stock unless you produce on demand.
- At least one good clear picture per product will be required, a few extra are welcome per product and ...
- product price, stock quantity, SKU/item number, error free description, tags, meta title and description for search engine indexing, weight (for shipping), category (select from provided), options (small, medium large etc ).
- You provide your own shipping, but we will provide various ways to configure this, such as using postal codes, events and priority.
A postal code matrix is recommended and uploaded via a CSV spreadsheet file, this will include postal code number range per weight range per number of delivery days. With this you will be able to configure almost any shipping constraint required by your courier company. CSV file example can be downloaded in your admin area in the shipping section, and more examples can be requested as required from support. You will also have a free collection option which your online purchaser can use if they are close enough to collect.
- Payment is made by the purchaser via Credit or Debit card using PayFast online payment gateway and an EFT facility is provided. Payouts will be done to your bank account weekly unless otherwise arranged.
- PDF for more detailed information.